Wednesday 20 July 2016

London on two wheels!

A bike friendly place!

It is a beautiful summer day on 17th July in Ewell. I am in the UK to try & get my visas for both Gabon & Angola. I am staying at Nicci & Justin's place but they are out at children's parties today. So I am free! I get my bike out of the garage & plan a ride to Bushy Park, which is around seven miles away, close to Hampton Court.

Kingston upon Thames
This really is a lovely spot in summer.
A Grey Heron under the bridge!
Using a supermarket trolley as a fishing post!

I plan the ride to pass through as many green areas as possible & my plan works! It is a beautiful ride through Hogsmill on to Tolworth & Kingston upon Thames. Kingston is a lovely town next to the Thames. I pass through the busy Sunday market & some lovely old buildings & ride into Bushy Park.

Bushy Park

 I have not been here before & I am not disappointed. It is a lovely Royal Park with some great parkland & patches of woodland. Both Red & Fallow Deer are seen.


As English as it gets!

I ride passed the Cricket Club & ask if I can enter & get a drink. People are welcoming & I have a chat & watch the match unfold with a cold one!


The Pony Club were out in force!
The park is extremely well laid out.


Red & Fallow Deer
Fallow Deer
Red Deer
With a Jackdaw!
Eurasian Jackdaw
Mallard
Red crested Pochard: unfortunately plastic!
Eurasian Coot

There were many pairs nesting.

A young one.
Common Woodpigeon

I tear myself away & ride to the Pheasantry Cafe. I order burger & chips & it proves to be extraordinarily good. What a great place for lunch! I then carry on exploring the park & circumnavigate the lakes which are very pretty.

What an English Pub should look like in summer!
Oh yes, I did pop in!
My transport!

I then ride back to Ewell via a slightly different route & arrive slightly sweaty & a little stiff from my 30 miles ride. First time I have been on a bike for a while! A great day though & my bike performed perfectly. I really love the gears! Magic!

The local park in Ewell.
Grey Heron
Canada Goose
Black - headed Gull
Common Moorhen
Juvenile
Rock Dove drinking in he evening.
Common Woodpigeon



Nicci, Peaches & Gabe in the park.


Peaches & Gabe in the garden.


Spent a nice evening with Nicci & family in the garden & also visited the local park. The weather was glorious & it was great to see everyone again. Till the next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment