Monday 9 July 2018

The Pentland Hills

I jumped on the train to Edinburgh on 1st July. I was to spend a few days with Kevin & Leanne, who are good friends from my time in Abu Dhabi. I hadn't seen them for quite a while as they have been living here for just over a year. Also visiting were Robin & Anne, who were in Edinburgh for their daughters graduation. So it was a bit of an Abu Dhabi reunion!

The walking paths 
are well marked.


Common Buzzard



One soon gains height.

Glencourse Reservoir.


Grey Heron


Mallard


Dipper




Grey Wagtail




Juvenile Common Stonechat

I went for a hike into the Pentland Hills on 3rd July. It was a magnificent day & I set off from the Flotterstone Information Centre. I walked up the valley, past both Glencourse & Loganiea Reservoirs onto the high moors to The Howe & then back. Saw plenty of Dipper & Grey Wagtail along the stream & Common Buzzard & Kestrel over the moors. 

Harry Ramsdon's.

The new road bridge.

The railway bridge,
 which is now a World Heritage Site.


Ten o clock at night!

The next day we all met up & went to Harry Ramsdon's Fish & Chip Restaurant in South Queensferry. It was a glorious evening & we sat outside looking over the Forth Road Bridge.

Grey Squirrel

An unwelcome visitor to the bird feeding station.


Great Spotted Woodpecker



Blue Tit & Bullfinch

Great Tit

Coal Tit


European Robin

European Greenfinch

The week went all too quickly & I caught the train down to London on 7th July.


No comments:

Post a Comment